Who Am I?
I am a writer with a passion to make Scripture and History come alive for my readers. I love a good backstory, so most of my manuscripts focus on the childhood of famous people. Or, sometimes, of lesser known, but worthy heroes and heroines.
I'm also a wife, mother, and most importantly, a Christ-follower. It's His honor and glory that motivates me to put my pen to paper. Well, my fingers to the keyboard, to be truthful.
If you want to connect and be inspired, encouraged, or need a tip or two about the writing journey, find me here:
"My Passion is to Breathe New Life into the Pages of History: Illuminating the Past. Making Sense of the Present. Offering Hope for the Future.
My dear father passed away when I was four. He was a watercolor artist and musician, and fiercely loyal to his friends. He brought joy to all those around him.
My brave, hardworking mother raised me. She kept in contact with all our living relatives, no matter where they resided. We had quite the adventure each summer, visiting them in one part of the US or another, and twice, overseas. Thus began my love for travel and history.
I kept my eyes open, noticing the odd and clever connections all humanity could relate to. These are the things I share with my readers.
If you are curious about our world travels, click here.
Now for my Professional Bio . . .
Jarm (‘J’ pronounced as a 'Y') Del Boccio finds her inspiration in everyday life, but in particular, when she travels the globe, observing the quirky things that happen along the way. Focusing on lives of characters from the past, she is devoted to breathing new life into the pages of history.
Jarm has a background in elementary and high school education, and served for seven years as a school librarian. Grateful for the opportunity, she taught three missionary kids in an isolated area of Papua New Guinea.
Her professional memberships include SCBWI, American Christian Fiction Writers, Word Weavers, Independent Writers of Chicago and Children's Book Insider. Jarm has published two articles in "The Old Schoolhouse" magazine, and designed a High School HomeKeeping curriculum for homeschoolers.
“The Heart Changer,” her debut MG historical fiction, releases with Ambassador International April 26th 2019. Jarm is content with the journey God has placed her on, and lives with her husband, adult daughter and son (when he lands at home) in a tree-lined suburb of Chicago.
1. I love to travel, and am passionate about visiting new places. My motto is: never visit the same location twice. Well — I’ve disregarded my own rule a few times, but otherwise, I stick to it as best I can. I’m slowly checking off destinations on my bucket list, and have journeyed to six of seven continents. I’ll let you decide which one I have yet to step foot on . . .
2. I was accidentally hit in the head with a baseball bat and sported black and blue eyes for eight grade graduation. A well-meaning elderly man thought I had applied my makeup incorrectly. The ironic thing is — I am not a sports fan!
3. When I was a junior in high school my first job was — no joke — in a Chinese laundromat.
4. My secret desire? To get caught up in a flash mob singing a tune from a favorite musical.
5. When I was in elementary school, I begged my Mom for a baby alligator from Florida, trying to convince her we could keep it in our bathtub. She gently asked me what I would do once it grew to full-size. I pondered the question for a minute or two, and reluctantly backed down.